Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jantzen Winter Baby Shower

On Saturday, January 30th Southard House hosted a sweet little baby boy shower for Estela and Riley Jantzen.  They requested a "Baby it's Cold Outside" theme with white, baby blue, and gray for their color scheme.  I was very excited to make some beautiful decorations and use my winter decor items to create a beautiful shower for this dear couple.
This fun winter theme lent itself well to lots of snowflakes, snowballs, mittens, and scarves. I had lots of these items stored away with Christmas decorations so I was glad to put them to good use!
 I made a really cute banner to hang on the cute baby crib I used as the centerpiece for the food table.  I used the colors they requested to spell OWEN - the baby's name.
 I filled a cute train case that I recovered with lots of cute baby items and added snowflakes to go with the theme. I love the sweet wooden block that says "You are Loved".  So cute!
 Isn't the cup of  "cocoa" the cutest thing?  I made an insert from clay and made little clay marshmallows for the top and inserted the whole thing in this sweet blue teacup.  What is better on a cold winter day than a hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows?  I also made a few really cute tags that say "Baby it's Cold Outside". I had a rubber stamp that came in handy for these cute tags.
 I made little baby mittens from white felt and cute blue ribbon.  They turned out so nicely and were a great addition to the decor for the table.
 The snowflake pick in the flower vase gave the arrangement a sweet, wintery look.

Hostesses brought chicken nuggets, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit salad, chips, and a sheet cake with white and blue frosting.  The food smelled wonderful, especially the buttercreme frosting on the cake!
 The drink table got some decoration as well.  I purchased a mirror on a stand and I painted it with chalk board paint to create a chalkboard. I wrote "Welcome Baby Owen" on the chalkboard and I used a scarf, snowflakes, and glittery winter cone trees to decorate the drink table.  I made a wonderful blue shower punch and ice tea to serve as beverages.
Riley and Stela had a nice shower with lots of family members attending to celebrate and congratulate them on the arrival of baby Owen.  Thank you Riley, Estela, Yolanda, and Cristina for choosing Southard House to host your baby shower.  May you be blessed as you raise baby Owen!
If you would like to host a party or shower at Southard House, please visit our website at www.southardhouse.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment