Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Mantle in Suite Hope


Hello Friends!

I wanted to share the beautiful fall fireplace mantle I have created for my pretty "Marie Antoinette"-inspired room at Southard House.  I made most everything by hand that decorates this mantle.  I made some pretty princess pumpkins, pink candy corns, a Cinderella slipper and magic wand, a fall crow dressed in pink, an angel dressed as a (good) witch, and a lovely masquerade mask that adorn the mantle.

 I had the most fun making these beautiful princess pumpkins.  I think they are so pretty!  When I bought them they were orange but I gave them some coats of white paint, then a coat of pearl paint to make them look like shimmery pearls!
 Then I made a mix of six different glitters and six different beads and sequins.  I sprinkled the mixes on the pumpkins then I glittered some leaves and glued them on.  I made the vine from a piece of wire and silver seed beads.
 I glued a shimmery crystal in the center of each pumpkin for the stem.  I think these pumpkins are fit for a queen and they shimmer in the light of the chandelier in the room.
 I made these pink candy corns from clay and let them dry for several days before I painted and glittered them with three different shades of glitter.
 Here is Cinderella's slipper and her Fairy Godmother's magic wand!  They give the mantle a whimsical look that is a lot of fun.
 This crow was black with an orange hat when I bought it.  When I got it home she got a few coats of ivory paint.  After it dried I distressed it with sandpaper, then glued ribbons, paper roses, and pink crystals on to decorate it up a bit.  Now she is as pretty as a princess!  No more scary Halloween crow!
I made the small candy corns from clay as well and painted them three shades of pink.  When they were dry I added some sugar glitter to make them sparkle!


 I love this pretty angel bust.  I made her a mask from ivory felt and ribbon, and although it is difficult to see in this picture, it fits her perfectly.
 I also made this darling (good) witch hat from ivory damask fabric.  I embellished it with lace and rose trim.  I think it is darling and I can't believe I sewed it myself!

Everything is better with glitter, don't you think?  I wonder how many pounds of glitter I have used in my life time?  I am sure it is a small fortune's worth!

 I made this pretty masquerade mask by painting it with ivory paint and covering it with thin lace fabric.
 Then I outlined it in pearls and lace trim.  I added flowers, feathers, beads, and ribbon to the side for more decoration.
 I wish I could go to a masquerade ball and wear a beautiful ivory lace ball gown with this mask.  Wouldn't that be so much fun?
 The mantle in Suite Hope is ready for guests to enjoy.  The next treatment will be for Christmas!  I am sure that will be fabulous!

I have a lot of other projects in the works to share, so until next time . . .

May You Be Blessed!

Tammy

Linking to Pink Saturday

6 comments:

  1. Blessings on this ordinary day...looking forward to the freshness..the crisp cool air as it stirs the falling leaves and my heart for cozy peaceful days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegantly done. Lovely sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Tammy! Just beautiful! I love your enthusiasm!

    From Debby (not David, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pearl white pumpkin project. I will make some for next year. Thank you for the idea.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those sweet silver, glittered pumpkins! You did a fabulous job!
    It is ALL so perfect!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pumpkins are absolutely gorgeous! I love the pearl sheen and all the crystal sparkles! Beautiful!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete