Thursday, September 19, 2013

Parlor Decorations for Fall

Hello Friends!

I wanted to share some beautiful images of the fall decorations I made for the parlor at my bed and breakfast.  I painted the walls a beautiful shade of blue and I really love it, but I didn't think that orange and yellow leaves were going to look right behind a light blue background so I decided to make some pretty decorations for this room.  I recovered a cute train case with some linen fabric and lace.  I filled it with shredded pages of an old book.  Then I painted and decorated some plastic pumpkins in hues of ivory, beige, and brown.  I also made that pretty fabric sachet that says "Count Your Blessings".  I used hydrangeas, pecans, and pine cones from my own yard to add to the decorations.

This pumpkin is my favorite.  I cut a maple leaf from some scrapbook paper, textured and distressed it, then glued it to the pumpkin with some pretty roses and ivory seam tape ribbon.  I framed the word "Fall" and glued it to the front of the pumpkin.

 I also made some fabric pumpkins in the same colors to decorate the fireplace mantle.  I used fabric scraps cut in to circles and filled them with fiber fill.  The stems of the pumpkins are old silver spoons I purchased very inexpensively at an antique store.  I made the roses from fabric also and the leaves were made from ribbon.
 I love the vintage look of the mantle.  I tried to use antique items like the silver tray, the candle sticks, and an antique book.  I also used natural items like the hydrangeas, pine cones, and berry garland.
 I think the color palate is perfect with the blue walls.  I really love this look and I am so happy with how everything turned out.  I love the elegant and vintage look of my mantle.

 I also altered an old metal cornucopia I purchased many years ago.  When I bought it I think it was brown with orange, yellow, and red leaves.  I spray painted it ivory and distressed the leaves with distress ink.
 I decorated the cornucopia with ivory seam binding ribbon, a rose, and that cute tag that reads "Blessed Beyond Measure" made from scrapbook paper and a rubber stamp.
These pretty fall decorations are sure to please the guests that visit Southard House this fall.  They give the room a very warm, inviting feel although they are also very elegant.  I think the guests will feel very welcome.

I have many more projects in the works to share soon, so until next time . . .

May You Be Blessed!

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all your fall décor, Tammy. I am so glad I found your blog via Pink Saturday.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete