Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Parties at Southard House

Hello Friends,

My sweet step-daughter Maggie had her 12th birthday last week and this past Saturday I had a party for her at my little house in North Enid.  I have been hosting small gatherings for family and friends since 2004 and they have gotten bigger and better every year.  The hosting of these parties is one of the main reasons I wanted to have a B&B because I know there is a need for it in our community, because I love doing it, and because I am really good at it!  I absolutely love taking a theme and making it come to life to celebrate a special occasion.  I wanted to share these photos of Maggie's party as a sampling of the parties I hope to host when the time is right at Southard House.  If you are interested in seeing more great pictures of other parties and events I have hosted you can check out my personal blog - www.tammyssweetheart.blogspot.com to see posts of past parties I have hosted.  There are some great ones, including a summertime mermaid party I hosted for Maggie's sister Lucie in June of this year and an amazing Paris tea party for Mother's day.
I plan to host children's birthday parties, baby showers, wedding showers, and ladies tea parties in 2014 or maybe sooner depending on how business is going.

We have a beautiful buffet that I painted white that will be moved in to the parlor of Southard House when the time is right.  It is in my dining room now and I decorated it for Maggie's snow fairy princess birthday party.  I had so much fun with this theme!  There was snow and snowflakes everywhere!

I made her birthday cupcakes to fit the theme.  I made white peppermint cupcakes with vanilla butter creme frosting.  I also made the beautiful lace cupcake sleeves and a hand-made snowflake pick to decorate each one.  I used lots of different white sprinkles and edible pearls as well.  These cupcakes were beautiful!
My mom gave me this beautiful carriage for my wedding shower and I decorated it up for Maggie's party.  I hung snowflakes on the inside so it looked like it was snowing inside the carriage.
 I also had these great snowflake-shaped white chocolate pretzels, powdered donuts, and marshmallows for the girls to munch on.  We ate these goodies with our cupcakes and drank hot tea from pretty tea cups!
 Each place setting had a place card.  This clear globe held artificial snow and a name tag for each guest.
 I also made each girl a beautiful snowflake fairy wand and crown.  These were a big hit with the girls!
 Somehow I got lucky and caught a snowflake fairy of my own and put it in this beautiful glass jar.  Maggie loved this centerpiece because the fairy is also a ballerina and so is Maggie.
 The whole room was like a fantasy snowflake fairy land.  Everything was so pretty and Maggie had a beautiful birthday!  I know she felt very special with this beautiful birthday party.
 I met Maggie when she was eight-years-old and I can't believe that next year she will be a teenager!  They grow up so quickly!  She is growing up to be a beautiful young lady and I am so blessed I to know her.
If you like what you saw here and you would like to have a custom-created party for your child, friend, or loved one I hope you will contact me about hosting a party for you at Southard House Bed and Breakfast Inn.  I can coordinate just about any theme for your party and I would be so honored to be a part of your special occasion!  There are many more wonderful posts to come, so until next time . . .

May You Be Blessed!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment