Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Crescents

Hello Friends!

I made these delicious pumpkin pie crescents for dessert last week and I just have to share this recipe.  It is so easy and really delicious.  If you are on a diet I do not recommend you make these because you CANNOT have just one and you will be tempted to have at least 4 in one sitting.  They taste just like a pumpkin hand pie with a light, flaky crust.  Here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Pie Crescents

1 (8 count) package refrigerated crrescent rolls
1/2 can pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Unroll the crescent rolls and spread about 2 tablespoons of filling on one side of each triangle.  Roll the bottom of the triangle up until you reach the point.  Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

After the crescents cooled I made a maple glaze with powdered sugar, milk, and maple extract and I drizzled this over the top.  Then I sprinkled them with chopped up candied pecans.  These are good for dessert but also for breakfast or a snack.

Something you should be aware of is to make sure you give them plenty of time to bake through.  The first batch I made was doughy because I did not leave them in the oven long enough.  I was afraid of them burning on the outside and I pulled them out too soon.  The next batch I made was perfect.  I used the jumbo crescent rolls and they had to bake almost 30 minutes!  So be patient and they will turn out perfectly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment