Friday, August 2, 2013

Vintage Baby Shoes

Hello Friends!  It is hard to believe that so much time has passed since my last post!  Today I wanted to share a special project with you that I created for a baby shower I will be hosting here at Southard House.

I purchased these sweet baby shoes at an antique shop many years ago with the thought of altering them and using them as decoration but just shoved them in a closet and completely forgot I had them until I got a request to host my first baby shower here at Southard House Bed and Breakfast Inn.  I dug through the closet and found the shoes and immediately began working to create some cute vintage shoes I could use as decoration for the shower.



I used a lot of distress ink to cut the "new" white appearance down a lot.  I used vintage sheet music, vintage laces, and old embellishments to create a "days-gone-by" look for these sweet baby shoes.



I also distressed some mulberry paper roses, a pink one for the girls shoe and a blue one for the boys shoe.  Those roses are not permenant and can be removed so I can make both for a girl, boy or leave them off completely if I am hosting a shower for a baby that we don't know the gender of yet!


I am using pink roses on these shoes because the upcoming shower is for a baby girl - I am so excited!  My mom gave me my baby cup and spoon and I tried to polish them up several times but then I realized that the patina actually works for my vintage baby shower theme!

Here are the shoes as they will be displayed at the shower!  I think they are so adorable and a perfect touch for my vintage baby girl shower.  I can't wait to see what the guests think of the beautiful inn when it is all decorated for their special celebration.  I have many more projects I created and pictures I took for this shower so I will try to post them soon!  If you are interested in me hosting a shower or celebration for you or a friend please visit the inn website at www.southardhouse.com for more information!

Blessing to you!
Tammy Neal

Linking to Pink Saturday

3 comments:

  1. How charming...love the lace! The shoes look precious inside the cloche :)
    HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very charming and sweet! I have not a crafting gene in my body, but these lacy little delights make me want to go buy lace and ribbon and a glue gun.

    (Well, I AM set on making a lamp for Sweetpea's (our Grand who has been here three days a week since she was six weeks old, and she starts SCHOOL in two weeks!) room, of a tiny cut-glass base, a graceful sweep of lampshade, and her first little pink tutu. We'll see how that comes out.

    Thanks for the INCENTIVE!!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete