Friday, August 16, 2013

Baby Girl Banner

Hello Friends!  I created this beautiful banner for a baby shower I hosted at my bed and breakfast, Southard House, and I wanted to share it with you!

I think it is so fun to sit down at my craft table with some pretty supplies and see what comes out of me.  I had no idea how this banner was going to turn out because there was no real plan for how to do it.  I just started working and this is what I created.  I absolutely love it!                                                                              
I used chipboard pennants for each piece of the banner. I covered the chipboard with pretty pink gingham scrapbook paper, then I started adding pretty pink embellishments.

                                                                                                                                            
I painted the chipboard letters a soft baby pink and then added some brilliant glitter to make them sparkle.  When the pennants were finished I strung them on to some pretty pink ribbon, then tied pieces of ribbon, lace, and torn fabric in between the pennants to add a vintage look to the banner.

 I used the banner for my baby shower I hosted last weekend and everyone enjoyed it and all of the other beautiful decorations.  I would like to make another banner for baby boy showers so if I get a booking for one of those I will make the banner and certainly show you the end results!
                                    
I hope you have enjoyed seeing this pretty little banner I made and it has inspired you in some way.  If you would like to see other pictures of the bed and breakfast, the delicious food I prepare, or other crafts I have created, please visit my facebook page at www.facebook/southardhouse.com or my website at www.southardhouse.com for more inspiration.       

Have a Blessed Day!

Tammy Neal

Linking to Pink Saturday

2 comments:

  1. No doubt the person having the shower was very pleased with your decorations. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goregeous! I love banners etc, and the pink glitter on the letters is the perfect finishing touch. Happy Pink Saturday from the UK!

    ReplyDelete