Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Third Floor of Southard House

Hello Friends!

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.  We have so much to be thankful for and it is nice to take special time to reflect on those things.

Today I want to share the pictures of the third floor of Southard House.  We originally planned to break this floor up and create two suites but after more thought this floor will be one big suite!  Please remember that these are "before" pictures and they do not reflect what the suite will look like for our guests.  It will be totally transformed to resemble a Parisian loft.  I plan to decorate with black and white with red accents.

This is the journal I created for the suite.  I love how it turned out!  I can't wait for my guests to leave their comments about their stay in this pretty book.  You will see some black and white damask in the room like what is on the journal.  I am very excited to decorate this suite.  It is going to be fabulous when I am done!
 This is a picture I took as I was walking up the private staircase to the suite.  That lovely wood cabinet was custom-built and will be used as a kitchenette area.  It will house a small refrigerator, microwave, tea and coffee service, and plenty of dishes and snacks for our guests private use.
 This photo is a bit blurry but it shows the amazing architectural detail that this third floor suite has to offer.  This window overlooks the back yard.  There are great views of the city from each window of this floor.
 This is the massive private bath.  The antique claw-foot tub sits in the middle of the room.  It would be a fantastic place to de-stress.
 There is an antique vanity with a sink in this room that is a very beautiful piece.  It is so much more beautiful in person.
 The light in the morning coming through the east window really makes this room glow.  It is a beautiful space and it's not even decorated yet!
 The window seat next to the tub was custom built, along with the beautiful pillars that surround the window.  The wood work in this suite is really amazing!
 This photo was taken just outside the bathroom door.  To the left is the dressing/sitting area and to the right is the master bedroom and dining area.
 This is the sitting/dressing area that was originally thought to be the perfect place for a bride to get ready for her wedding but it would also be a wonderful place to just sit with a cup of hot tea or coffee and your favorite book to relax.  This room has some more of that amazing architectural detail.
 This is the entry to the master bedroom from the sitting room.  We will have custom-made french doors hung here to enclose the sitting/dressing room for more privacy.
Here is the master bedroom.  In this corner I plan to place a beautiful chair and accent table with a faux fireplace next to that.  Aren't the floors just beautiful?
 Behind that curtain is the dining area for this suite.  We will take the curtain down of course and dress the area up like a lovely Parisian dining room.
On this wall we will place the king-size bed with a beautiful fabric canopy treatment.  It will be very luxurious and inviting.  I am going to have so much fun decorating this space and it is going to be really beautiful when it is done.
 Here is a view of the dining room area from the door way looking into the room.  It looks pretty rough now with all of those wire shelves and curtains but when they are gone and I am done decorating it will be amazing!
That is all the pictures of the third floor I have to share with you today.  I hope you enjoyed your little tour and you will leave us a comment to let us know what you think.  I will be posting again soon to share some beautiful pictures of the Christmas decorations going up on the front porch of Southard House.  I am planning to finish that today!  I hope you will come back to check it out!  Until then . . .

May You Be Blessed!

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Hubby and I stayed on the 3rd floor when visiting Marty . That bathroom is the ultimate luxury. I know how thrilled Marty is with what you're doing and we wish you every success. Your style is exquisite and I can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    WHat a stunning place it already is and I am sure that when you get done with it, it will be breath taking!! The bathroom is to die for!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete